In previous times, taxi riders would get hard times while traveling as all the companies were outdated and didn’t know how to serve the customers. The prime examples of this time would be rattletrap cabs and drivers who used to provide awful and terrible services to the people.
I had the chance to speak to a lawyer of Diamond & Diamond, a personal injury lawyer in Mississauga, to get her thoughts on Uber.
Neither had they known how to speak English nor did they drive in a sane state. They overly charged the clients and at the same time, they worked in an unhygienic environment! However, things in the cab industry have changed a lot. Today’s drivers and companies are more professional. So, let’s have a quick at how the cab industry is changing!
- Utilization of latest technology: The entire cab industry is brimming with the use of latest technologies. The use of internet along with the extensive presence of Smartphone and GPS has made the work easy. People now can call a cab driver through the registered app of the company. Both the company and customers can track the progress of the journey by GPS facility. In short, everything has become digitalized.
- The Introduction of online payment and booking: Nowadays, transactions in the cab industry are based on online payment gateway like – PayPal, Payoneer, etc. It is a unique system, but not a new one. The customers can easily pay whenever they wish to pay with a more secured system. Additionally, the customers can book or reserve the services of the companies in advance. This is possible because all most all the companies have websites by which anyone can call or book the services through a hotline number. Both of these new additions have changed the face of the cab industry.
- Increased level of professional attitude: Today’s drivers are more professional and sincere than the previous times. They can talk multiple languages including English and they well-versed in the area or zone where they would be working. In every journey, they try to act in a professional way while at the same time; they bring a sense of discipline like – reaching the customers within the stated time frame.
- Exceptional and cordial services from drivers: Due to the competitive nature of the cab industry, companies and drivers have adopted a customer-centric approach. Both of the drivers and companies try to behave in a positive manner and offer their services in a cordial manner. They are utilizing new and fresh types of services such as ‘the Meet and Greet service’ by which the driver will attend a new customer cordially.
- Low-cost services: Again, since there is lots of cab companies operating within the industry, the price of their services are decreasing to keep hold of the customers. This is good news for the riders as they will be able to choose among a host of cab companies with a right offer. Thus, it will allow them travel in a cost-effective manner.
Finally, the cab industry has changed a lot and will continue to change in the coming days. With the addition of newest technologies and services will only add to the cause and significantly improve the landscape of the cab industry. So, it would be logical for the mass people to keep up-to-date with the change and as a result, it will boost the can industry immensely!